About Me

My Photo
Satya Ghattu's Blog
I work in a financial company where my team provides Architecture, IT, Engineering & Strategic support to Business applications. I worked for BEA Systems (now Oracle) for more than five years as a Senior Software Engineer mainly in the Operations Administration and Management aspects of WebLogic Platform. I possess vast experience in software development excelling in Middleware & Database Components and Core Java/J2EE technologies. I also lead a few open source projects and a contributor on Dev2Dev. Did I mention that I am the original author of WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST), the official command line tool for WebLogic Platform. I also hold a few software patents, prior to BEA Systems I worked in variety of software industries in various different roles as a Senior Java developer, Software Analyst and as an Oracle DBA. I have a Masters Degree in Engineering from The University Of Akron, Ohio.
View my complete profile

Thursday, June 04, 2009

WebLogic Clustering with Unicast

Until WebLogic 9.2 the only communication mode available between the Cluster members of your WebLogic domain is ‘Multicast’. Starting with WebLogic 10.0, Oracle in addition to MultiCast, supports communication between the Cluster members using Unicast. Quick definitions of Unicast and Multicast from Wikipedia.

Continue reading here


4 comments:

Chandra said...

Hi Satya,
Is there an offline equivalent to this script, especially for the part that creates network accesspoints?

Do we need two channel ports if we have 2 managed servers?

Thanks,
Chandra

Satya Ghattu's Blog said...

Chandra,
No, I don't have one, but if I come across one I will post it here.
You can use the default channel that uses the regular managed server port for cluster communication. But it is recommended that you have a different network channel for cluster communications.

Anonymous said...

One additional piece to ensure is that the session replication and load balancing does not break when using unicast in a secure weblogic environment. For that set the secure replication enabled to true on the cluster MBean. I feel oracle should fix this so the server would automatically enable secure replication when using a secure default protocol.

see the post at my blog TechVibe

Anonymous said...

Hi Satya,

Is there a place to find any specifics on how to setup a Unicast channel and when or if you need to .
From this example it is unclear to me how that is set up. I am familiar with what is needed for a multicast IP. WLS doc has not been too helpful for this , nor has WLS support.

Thanks
EdP.

Locations of visitors to this page