About Me

My Photo
Satya Ghattu's Blog
I work in a financial company where my team provides Architecture, IT, Engineering & Strategic support to Business applications. I worked for BEA Systems (now Oracle) for more than five years as a Senior Software Engineer mainly in the Operations Administration and Management aspects of WebLogic Platform. I possess vast experience in software development excelling in Middleware & Database Components and Core Java/J2EE technologies. I also lead a few open source projects and a contributor on Dev2Dev. Did I mention that I am the original author of WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST), the official command line tool for WebLogic Platform. I also hold a few software patents, prior to BEA Systems I worked in variety of software industries in various different roles as a Senior Java developer, Software Analyst and as an Oracle DBA. I have a Masters Degree in Engineering from The University Of Akron, Ohio.
View my complete profile

Monday, January 01, 2007

WLST startServer re-visited

From the past few months I have been working on a project to create a framework for our WebLogic application developers that can be used to easily build, configure and manage their WebLogic Servers.

Continue reading here

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Question for you Satya,

Liked your post but am wondering how do you handle the node manager? I'm working with WebLogic 9.2 and am trying to come up with good scripts to start things up without having to use the admin console. So far, I am looking at starting things up using wlst which starts the node manager first and then starts the admin server and managed server(s).

What I'm looking for is a way to supress output when I'm doing something like

if not nm():
print 'not connected'

I don't want it to output the results of nm(), just the 'not connected'

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon McAlexander
jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com

Unknown said...

Hi Satya,

I am trying to call startWebLogic.cmd from wlst, I looke at your BLOG and tried the following command after lanching wlst:
wls:/offline> import system
wls:/offline> os.system('C:\juli\bea101\user_projects\domains\testwlst\startWebL
ogic.cmd')
...

I always got the error message:
Traceback (innermost last):
File "console", line 1, in ?
File "Lib/javaos.py", line 198, in system
File "Lib/javaos.py", line 224, in execute
OSError: (0, 'Failed to execute command ([\'sh\', \'-c\', \'C:\\\\juli\\bea101\\
\\user_projects\\\\domains\\testwlst\\\\startWebLogic.sh\']): java.io.IOExceptio
n: CreateProcess: sh -c "C:\\juli\bea101\\user_projects\\domains\testwlst\\start
WebLogic.sh" error=2')

Do you have any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

Juan Li
lilly.jli@gmail.com

Nikhil said...

i was looking for a way to monitor managed servers in a cluster only before i deploy to the cluster. i.e step 1 : check if managed servers in cluster A are up step 2:deploy to cluster A

i have seen scripts to check status for all managed server but not for specific ones in a cluster only

Thanks
Nikhil

Locations of visitors to this page