About Me

My Photo
Satya Ghattu's Blog
I work in a financial company where my team provides Architecture, IT, Engineering & Strategic support to Business applications. I worked for BEA Systems (now Oracle) for more than five years as a Senior Software Engineer mainly in the Operations Administration and Management aspects of WebLogic Platform. I possess vast experience in software development excelling in Middleware & Database Components and Core Java/J2EE technologies. I also lead a few open source projects and a contributor on Dev2Dev. Did I mention that I am the original author of WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST), the official command line tool for WebLogic Platform. I also hold a few software patents, prior to BEA Systems I worked in variety of software industries in various different roles as a Senior Java developer, Software Analyst and as an Oracle DBA. I have a Masters Degree in Engineering from The University Of Akron, Ohio.
View my complete profile

Friday, January 06, 2006

WLST as a Jython Module

Few questions that I answered about WLST as a module via various email queries recently.

What is a Jython Module?
Continue reading here

10 comments:

Vishnu said...

Hello Satya,

What tool, IDE can be used to code WLST/Jython scripts?

Thanks for very useful info on your blog.

cheers,
Vishnu.

Satya Ghattu's Blog said...

Vishnu,
I have answered your question with a blog entry, http://satya-ghattu.blogspot.com/2008/10/ide-for-wlst.html#links

Mukul4U said...

Hi Satya,

I am unable to create roles and policies using WLST. I was able to create user and groups but no information is there on how to create global roles and policies.
Can you please provide some info?

Mukul

Anonymous said...

Satya,
Do you have any recommendations for parsing script options for custom WLST scripts?

It seems as if only getopt works with the WLST namespace, optparse does not seem to be supported by default.

Madan Noru's Blog said...

Hi Satya,

Can you recommend some way of starting Managed Servers directly without the help of Admin/Node manager using JMX?

Thanks!
Madan Noru

Madan Noru's Blog said...

Hi Satya,

Do you know a way to start managed server without the help of Nodemanager (Admin may be okay) using JMX?

Thanks!
Madan Noru

Satya Ghattu's Blog said...

Unfortunately there is no way you can programmatically start a managed server w/o NodeManager on a remote machine. You need some process on remote machine that can process your request and execute the start command. The only other alternative is execute the startManagedWebLogic script for each managed server

Madan Noru's Blog said...

Thanks very much for your reply.

Unknown said...

Hi Satya,

I use Eclipse 3.4 that is not compatible with JyDT. so I use PyDev on Eclipse as Jython IDE.

But I can not import WLST. I have added wlstModule.py, weblogic.jar and jython-modules.jar to my project.

However I can use WLST in my IDE and have "ypeError: cannot lazy load PyObject subclass" error message.

What can be the problem?

Pankaj said...

Hello Satya,
Since you are the author of WLST, I am hoping you can shed some light on this:)

I am attempting to use WLSTInterpreter class in a webapp that also uses JMX to connect to Websphere and Weblogic. The JMX piece works fine and I can querry mbeans on both the servers. However, on the WLS side, when I attempt to invoke the WLSTInterpreter constructor I get the not-very-useful message:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "&ltiostream&gt", line 31, in ?
TypeError: cannot lazy load PyObject subclass

Now I am attempting to run this webapp in Tomcat 6.0.18. I know that Tomcat truncates the java.class.path to only include the bootstrap classes. So I looked at the code of WLSTInterpreter and it's collaborators and it seems that it IS relying on the classpath. So I interjected a System.setProperty("java.class.path", "...") before I call the WLSTInterpreter class, but that doesn't seem to help. I still get that cryptic error.
Can you tell me what class (within the WLST classes) throws that error?
I cannot even use dumpStack() because I cannot even get an instance of the Jython Interpreter!

Any help will be much appreciated!

Locations of visitors to this page